Friday, March 23, 2007

Couponing Success #1

Great Success!

Following the basic principals of The Grocery Game, I was able to purchase nearly $100 worth of groceries for a little over thirty dollars this past Thursday.

I took advantage of Albertsons' 10/$10 deals and stacked them with coupons. However, I did cheat a tad and bought a few items that were on sale, but I did not have coupons for. The prices were good enough for me to buy even without a coupon. In the future, I'm going to try to be more strict about purchases that I do not have coupons for.


I purchased:

(With Coupons)
10 boxes of assorted General Mills cereals - $1.50/ea
9 bags of assorted Goldfish brand crackers - $1.66/ea
3 boxes of Pillsbury Toaster Strudel - $1.50/ea
3 boxes of Pillsbury Toaster Scramblers - $1.50/ea
2 bags of Chex Mix - $1.50/ea

(Sale, no coupons)
2 Frozen pizzas - $1.00/ea
2 Frozen meals - $.88/ea
1 Wheat bread - $1.50

Total Retail Value: $95.92
Total Savings of the Day: $62.13

I used to dread grocery shopping each week, and now I'm very much so looking forward to it! I am embracing the "game", and am becoming excited with challenging myself each week. How low can I go?

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger david said...

Wow -- I wish that I had the discipline to do this! But your example might inspire me to begin trying...

March 29, 2007 at 6:28 PM  
Blogger GeeGuy said...

I need to get you in touch with my wife!

Seriously, though, you do not have your email posted. I would like to send you and email about a project I am considering. If you're interested, please email me at fallsblog@yahoo.com

Thanks!

April 1, 2007 at 11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home